Is your dryer not heating up as well as it used to? Is it not heating up at all?
Below you will find 5 reasons that could be your problem and the top solutions to try to fix this issue by yourself. The following recommendations will allow you to inspect your dryer on your own and find out what can be done to resolve this issue of your dryer not heating properly. It could be something very simple.
1. You could have a blocked dryer vent as this is the most common cause of a dryer not heating properly. Not only is it a malfunction it is Also a huge fire hazard and must be taken seriously. In order to check for a blockage in your dryer, put your dryer on high heat, and then look at the vent on the back of the dryer. Put your hand over that area to see if you feel warm or hot air Exiting the dryer. If you don’t feel much air, then that is a sure sign that there’s a blockage and you need to have your dryer vent cleaned by a professional. If the air feels cool, then it may be a faults and the electrical part of the dryer or another issue that requires the assistance of an appliance repair technician.
2. Sometimes there could be an electrical issue or a gas issue. There could be an issue with one of the lines that supply the power to your dryer. If this is the case, you will definitely need to call a technician to come out and properly diagnose the issue and fix the problem.
3. Make sure to check your lint screen. You would be surprised by the number of people that never clean out the lint screen. The best thing to do is every once in a while wash it with warm, soapy water and let it dry well before putting it back in the dryer. If the lint screen has not been cleaned in a very long time, it could be clogged so badly that the lint is now like hard and cement on the screen and you may have to soak the screen before washing it.
4. Never overload the dryer. If you put too many clothes in the dryer, or perhaps you were trying to dry a huge heavy comforter, you could be operating this dryer beyond its capacity, and what you have put in there will just not dry fully.
5. Make sure that your washer is working properly and do not leave the clothes too wet before you put them in the dryer. If the washer is not spinning the water out properly it will leave your clothes too wet and when you go to put them in the dryer it will take forever for them to dry all the way.
If you have tried all the above tips to see if there was an easy solution to your dryer, not heating properly, and nothing has worked, just leave it to us, we are here to help. Better Homes appliance repair will get your dryer back in perfect operating condition.
Better Homes Appliance Repair offers in-home appliance repair service for all major residential appliances including your refrigerator (free-standing and built-in), freezer, dishwasher, dryer, washer, range, oven, stove, ice maker, garbage disposal, built-in coffee maker, and more. We are open Monday through Saturday for service appointments. The service call fee of only $69.95 is always waived with any repair! Let us make you our next happy customer! Call 727-447-0108.
#ApplianceRepairClearwater #ApplianceRepairTampa #ApplianceRepairDunedin #Appliancerepairpalmharbor #appliancerepairtarponsprings #appliancerepairoldsmar #appliancerepairwestchase #appliancerepairlargo #appliancerepairbelleair #appliancerepairpinellas #refrigeratorrepairpalmharbor #refrigeratorrepairdunedin #refrigeratorrepairclearwater #washerrepairclearwater #dryerrepairclearwater #dryerrepairtampa #refrigeratorrepairtampa #washerrepairtampa #appliancerepairbelleair #appliancerepairsafetyharbor